CHEST / T-CHEST
The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) of the American Hospital Association offers a comprehensive training and certification program professionally designed and weighted to address the essential and evolving job tasks and requisite skills and knowledge of healthcare environmental services technicians.
The Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) certification program focuses on:
- Infection Prevention
- Cleaning and Disinfection Throughout the Facility
- Environmental Services Equipment and Supplies
- Working Safely and Responsibly
- Basic Floor Care and Maintenance
- Environmental Monitoring and Quality Control
- Waste Removal
- Linen/Laundry Handling
- Multi-Cultural Differences; Ethical Decision-Making
- Effective Communication & Patient Experience of Care
For more information about CHEST + T-CHEST, visit ahe.org.